Friday, January 8, 2010

Pasadena via Compton

 So I had the GREAT fortune to go to the Huntington Library in Pasadena yesterday. What was the catch?

I had to chaperon high school students...
*sigh*

Well I was assigned 10 students.  Couldn't be that bad right?  Well I figured I would give them the "W" folk chat...
"So we are going to be around the "W" folk today, please don't act stupid.  They are already going to have their eyes on us because we are black and hispanic"...
"Can you say that"...
"Thats what Im talking about, be quiet!"

The situation was just like a movie. The "inner city" school gets off the bus and then the white school pulls up in the Luxury bus with TV...

I believe that black/ hispanic kids need to get out of the ghetto.  They need to experience other things and cultures so they can know that there is more to life than ghetto mentality.

But o no... They have to bring that ghetto mentality with them.
I had to pull kids by their collars.  I had to tell them to be quiet every 2 minutes.  I had to talk to them like I was their mama.

The Japanese gardens will never be the same again.  They were screaming and cursing, interupting the "meditative peace of a Japanese garden.

One kid says to me,
"Im getting nervous, I ain't never been this far in the middle of nowhere from Compton"...

:|

*sigh*  Black kids need to do better.  You want to be so hard, and so gangsta but you are scared of a squirrel or something different. smh.

I had a blast though since I was surrounded with kids I made them be my photographer for the day.




No comments:

Post a Comment